Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Midnight Madness

So I've tried other bloggings sites before but can never seem to blog consistantly about anything of a great importance. But I figured I'd give it another go. First, I'll introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Ali.
Yeah, I like purple eyeshadow.

I am 22 years old and I live in the smallest town in the world. Okay, that's an exaggeration. At least my town has a few gas stations, a Sonic, and a McDonalds. We used to have a Dairy Queen, but alas, it has shut down. Anyway, I digress. I went to high school here until I was a Junior and I had a major Come-To-Jesus-Moment with myself and left, along with my trust two best friends, and started college early. As it stands now, I'm set to graduate December of 2011 with a BA in English, and I have no idea what on earth I'm going to do with the rest of my life.

Besides get married. Yeah, I know I'm gonna be doing that. That's him :) Isn't he pretty? His name is Zach, but I just call him mine. We're getting married June 9th, 2012, and I'm super excited to be Mrs. Alison Hernandez. God totally knew what he was doing when he picked him for me. Our story is almost as epic as his pony-tail and guitar playin skills, but may-haps I shall save that for another post.

Besides getting engaged, I've had a lot happen to me in the past few years that's shaped the person I've become. I wont go into too much detail. Again, it's best saved for a post entirely of it's own, but lets just say I'm looking forward to some better days.

Lately though, life has taken a turn for the bestestest! I started going to SAGU last spring and at first, it sucked. I was lonely, dealing with a douchebag boyfriend (that I ditched and got with my future hubby dearest), dealing with some other trauma, and finding out that my friends kinda sucked. But last semester I made a few friends, and this semester I've made a few more. I'm not lonely, have gotten over my fear of chapel, and have even grown closer to God and am in a better place in my life, spiritually, than ever before. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect by any means. I screw up ALLLL the time, haha. But at least I know where I stand, and I know that I can firmly stand there and not be wavered. Solid ground is a pretty neat place to build a home on, if you know what I mean.

Hmmm, anything else I should share in my first attempt at this thing? I'm a writer. Or, well, I want to be one anyway. I write just about anything and everything, even the occasional haiku. I've never attempted a lymric, but there is a first time for everything! Right now I'm working on finishing a novel that I've been working on for quite some time now. My goal is to have it finished, oh, this century. No,just kidding haha. I'd love to have it finished by the end of next summer, and maybe have it published before I graduate college. You know, at least then I'll have a plan.

As it stands now, my plan is to stay in college forever. I mean, of course I'm gonna have to find a job (hopefully this job will be as a career author) but as soon as I get done with my BA, I'm headed right into my Masters. I'm gonna get a Masters in Creative Writing, and then go for my Doctorate. And then after that, I'd like to go back and get another BA in History. Yeah, I'm ambitious, but I'm kinda smart so I think I could do it.

Well, I don't really know what else to write about myself at the moment, so I will leave you all with a song. Good night all you fellow Nerdy Folk!
Alison

 
"Better Days"-Goo Goo Dolls
And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just the chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And designer love and empty things
Just the chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words and sing out loud
Cause everyone is forgiven now
Cause tonight's the night the world begins again
I need someplace simple where we can live
And something only you can give
And that's faith and trust and peace while we're alive
And the one poor Child who saved this world
And there's ten million more who probably could
If we all just stopped and said a prayer for them
So take these words and sing out loud
Cause everyone is forgiven now
Cause tonight's the night the world begins again
I wish everyone was loved tonight
And somehow stop this endless fight
Just the chance that maybe we'll find better days
So take these words and sing out loud
Cause everyone is forgiven now
Cause tonight's the night the world begins again
Cause tonight's the night the world begins again

No comments:

Post a Comment